Jul 4, 2014

"Oh Appy Day": Pinterest

Blog-Post-3-Feature-Image.jpg
Three is a lucky number, isn't it? And so is seven but not thirteen, thirteen is an "unlucky" number. I bet that grabbed your attention and if not, better luck next time. Anyways, today is the first in my blog series "Oh Appy Day" which will chronicle specific apps that I've tried either for the purpose of the blog series or that I use personally. On to the next order of biz!
Today I will be reviewing the Pinterest app which I'm currently using on my Android device. It is also available for ios just in case you were wondering. I would have to give the Pinterest app a 4 out of 5. Surprised, well I'm not and this is why; the first reason is that I love, love, love, love, love, Pinterest and I honestly don't know where my life would be without it. The second reason is that there is just one pesky little problem (well at least I think it is a problem) that bugs me to the ends of time!
Blog-Post-3-Easy-On-Eyes.jpg
To elaborate on my first reason, let's start with the pros. Pinterest has an absolutely amazing look to it (check out the image above) which makes it easy on the eyes (lol) and practical for viewing loads and loads of information at once. Not to mention that it provides you with relevant content that may be of interest to you based off of the information you usually view. It's kind of like having your own personal assistant that can read your mind and knows exactly what you're thinking. Lastly, I'll highlight one new feature which again I adore, and that is the search bar. The search bar now adds to that read your mind effect (pictured below) that you only used to get when you viewed a pin. It now provides you with multiple search options and choices based off of previous searches, pins, and etc.
Screenshot_2014-07-03-23-20-13.jpg

Now, to elaborate on my last reason, the single con I've discovered with the Pinterest app and Pinterest in general. The search results, they always appear to be the same unless you've changed your search term. No matter how many times you search the word "blogging" you will see those very same pins at the top of the results. I bet if you searched the word "blogging" six months from now the same search results would appear. Hopefully this will one day change so I guess we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed. And to the Pinterest app, give yourself a pat on the back because you have received a 4 out of 5 and in my book, that's reason to celebrate. Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment